Lasagne alla Bolognese
- SERVINGS: 8
- 2 packages BiAglut Lasagne
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
For the Ragù alla Bolognese (Meat Sauce):
- 1-1¼ pound ground beef and pork mixture
- 1 small carrot, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 celery rib, chopped finely
- ½ cup onion, chopped finely
- 3½ tablespoons tomato paste; mixed with ¼ cup water
- 1½ cup milk
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Besciamella (White Sauce):
- 3½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4-4½ tablespoons gluten-free flour; for a thicker sauce use more flour
- salt to taste
- pinch of nutmeg (optional)
For the Ragù alla Bolognese: In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the meat mixture, carrot, celery, and onion. When the meat and vegetables have browned add the wine and tomato extract-water mixture. Simmer for about 2 hours, adding a little bit of milk at a time until the milk is finished. Season with salt and pepper.
For the Besciamella: In a thick-bottomed saucepan, melt the butter over low heat, add the flour and stir until the mixture becomes a light tan color. Pour the milk in slowly and continue stirring until the mixture begins to thicken into a creamy texture. Remove from the heat, season with salt, add the nutmeg (optional), and stir for another minute.
For the Lasagne: Blanch the pasta in salted boiling water for 1-2 minutes (add a few at a time to prevent sticking). Drain the pasta, lay on a clean towel and pat dry with another towel. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Butter the bottom and sides of a baking dish. Cover the bottom of the dish with a layer of pasta. Cover the pasta with a few tablespoons of the Ragù followed by a thin layer of the Beschiamella. Then top with parmesan cheese and a few flakes of butter. Repeat this process to make four layers ending with pasta. Dot the last layer of pasta with butter. Bake for about 40 minutes.